GINGER BEER RECIPE
- 1 lb fresh ginger, grated
- Maple syrup to taste
- 10 cups water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (if desired)
- Large pot Grater
- Cutting board
- Fine mesh strainer
- Simmer The Spices: in a large pot add the ginger, cloves, cinnamon stick, and water. Simmer on low-medium heat for 5 minutes
- Sweeten & Cool: remove the pot from the stove and allow to cool and add the lime juice, maple syrup and vanilla. Taste and adjust flavor as needed (ie. add water if it’s too strong, sweetener if not sweet enough).
- Refrigerate: cover the pot and refrigerate for at least several hours or up to a week.
- Strain & Serve: when you are ready to serve, strain off the juice into a cheesecloth or extra fine mesh strainer. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.Top It Off: add rum, I highly recommend it!