KAREN'S GARLIC HERBS & SALT RECIPE
Use this salt spice blend packed with flavor in your favorite foods!
- Yield: About 3/4 cup
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup sea salt
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs
- (flat leaf parsley, rosemary, tarragon and sage or thyme all work nicely)
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Baking sheet
- Glass jar
- Crush garlic and coarsely chop with half of salt until well blended.
- Slowly add herbs and remaining salt and continue to chop into the texture of coarse sand.
- Spread on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and let sit uncovered overnight or up to 24 hours until dry and crumbly.
- Store in a clean, airtight glass jar up to 1 month.