SMOKED GOUDA FRITTATA WITH TOMATOES & POTATOES RECIPE
Great dish for sharing, and can be eaten hot or at room temperature!
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 small potatoes, medium dice
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- garlic & herbs salt
- bunch spinach, washed and de-stemmed
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk– dairy, nut or oat
- freshly ground black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 ½ cups smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 8″ oven-safe skillet
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Melt the butter in a 9-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Transfer the potatoes to a small bowl and set aside. Add the onion, garlic and tomatoes to the pan, season with herb salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Stir in the spinach and cook for about 1 minute, until the spinach is wilted. Add the potatoes back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, 1 cup of cheese and season with garlic herb salt, freshly ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture into the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until the eggs begin to set and the edges begin to brown.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese over the top and transfer to the oven. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the eggs are set. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.