SWEET POTATO QUESADILLAS RECIPE
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbs extra virgn olive oil
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 can butter beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 cups (about 6 to 8 ounces) freshly grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 lime
- a few sprigs fresh clantro (optional)
- Wooden spoon
- Heavy bottomed skillet
- Potato masher/fork
- Citrus juicer (optional)
- Peel and grate the sweet potato. Heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan over meedium-high heat; and add the grated sweet potato, maple syrup, paprika and chilli powder.
- Cook, stirring occassionaly until the sweet potato softens.
- Transfer the cooked sweet potato to a large bowl and add the drained, rinsed butter beans. Mash with a potato masher until it’s all combined. It might be a bit lumpy, that’s totally ok.
- Using a paper towel, remove any excess oil from the skillet, and place the skillet on medium hgh heat. Add a tortilla to the dry skllet. Spread half the tortilla with 1/4 of the mashed veggie mixture and top with cheese. Fold the other half over and dry fry on one side until golden and crispy. Then flip and dry fry on the other side until that side is equally golden and crispy.
- Transfer the cooked tortilla to a warm oven while you prepare the rest.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkle cilantro leaves, enjoy!